Kiosk Banking is an important concept and it is basically developed for rural areas where less number of banks available or no bank facilities are there and where people can’t reach to the banks to use the services. That is why RBI has introduced Kiosk Banking Service as a Mini Bank Service.
It is conceived that the kiosk will function with the support of leading banks in the Private, Public and Cooperative sectors.
ADVANTAGES OF KIOSK BANKING:
- There is no minimum balance or charges levied.
- The account holder can have an unlimited amount in his Account, there are no limitations.But the Maximum limit of a transaction is 10000/- per day.
- Easy deposits, withdrawal, and cash remittances.
- Cheque book is not issued. They will be given a debit card to withdraw the amount.
- Loan against term deposit is given to the account holder.
- Hassel free opening of Savings account.
- Less documentation, no queues, no travel expenses.
- Rupay ATM card/ SBI identity card